Last Updated 12/15/2022
Sakura Event Center
TERMS: Renter wishes to use Owner’s space on the date and times and for the purpose set forth above (the “Event”). In consideration of the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the Parties agree as follows:
- Space Rental. Owner grants to Renter a limited and revocable license (the “License”) to use its special events room at Sakura Event Center. The License permits Renter to use the Space only on the Event Date, between the specified start and end times, and only for the purposes described above for up to 50 guests. Renter shall not have access to the Space at any time other than during these hours on the Event Date, unless Renter receives prior written permission from Owner. A $100/15min fee will be assessed for any events going over the specified end date time.
Owner shall have no obligations under this Agreement until the Deposit is paid in full. The remainder of the total Rental Fee is due in full no later than the Event Start Time (the “Payment Due Date”). If Renter fails to pay the full Rental Fee by the Payment Due Date, Owner shall have the right to revoke the License and to keep the full amount of the Deposit.
- House Rules. The following rules apply to all rentals:
- No open flames on premises. All candles must be in votives. Sterno heating devices are allowed if approved in advance.All buildings are “non-smoking” facilities. Smoking is prohibited inside any buildings. All users must comply with current smoking laws. No tampering with building mechanicals including security system, lockboxes, and/or thermostat.Rental includes use of the banquet room and front restroom. All other areas are off limits.Decorations must not be attached to the buildings by using nails, staples, tacks or cellophane tape. Masking tape, Rice, confetti, glitter, gum, silly string and fog machines are not allowed inside the facilities.Everything brought into the building or onto the grounds by user (food, beverages, decorations and trash) must be removed at the conclusion of the event. Full trash bags may be left in cans or placed behind black curtain towards kitchen.
- During your event wrap up, please call or text Cody @ 317.364.9612 or Heather @ 317.474.9850 to close out your event.
- No commercial activity may be performed on site without expressed written permission.
- Cancellations. If Renter cancels the reservation for the Event 45 days or less before the Event Date, Owner shall refund to Renter the Rental Fee, if paid in advance, but Owner shall be entitled to retain the Deposit. If Renter cancels the reservation for the Event 46 days or more before the Event Date, Owner shall refund to Renter the Rental Fee, if paid in advance, including the Deposit. Owner shall not cancel this reservation except for reasons beyond its control, in which case Owner shall refund to Renter the full amount paid by Renter in connection with this Agreement, including the entire Deposit.
- Condition of Premises. The Space will conform to the following specification listed at the end of the document.Aside from the specifications above, the Space is provided as-is, and Owner makes no warranty to Renter regarding the suitability of the Space for Renter’s intended use. Renter shall leave the Space in the same or similar condition as when Renter entered. Renter shall be responsible for any damage caused to the Space beyond ordinary wear and tear, and shall be required to arrange for the repair of any such damage. In the event that Renter does not satisfactorily arrange for such repair, Owner shall be entitled to arrange for any necessary repairs at Renter’s expense. Renter shall reimburse Owner for any such repairs within 30 days of receipt of Owner’s written request for reimbursement, which request shall be accompanied by written verification of the amount of the expenses incurred.
- Right of Entry. Owner shall have the right to enter the Space at any time for any reasonable purpose, including any emergency that may threaten damage to Owner’s property, or injury to any person in or near the Space.
- Indemnification. Renter hereby indemnifies and holds harmless Owner, its employees, officers, and directors from any damages, actions, suits, claims, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any damage to any property or any injury caused to any person (including death) caused by Renter’s use of the Space, including any acts or omissions on the part of Renter, its employees, officers, directors, independent contractors, or other agents. Renter shall notify Owner of any damage or injury of which it has knowledge in, to, or near the Space, regardless of the cause of such damage or injury.
- Compliance with Laws. Renter shall obtain and maintain any necessary permits, licenses, or other forms of permission necessary to use the Space according to the permitted uses set forth in Section 9 in a lawful manner. Renter shall not use the Space in any manner that would violate local, state or federal laws or regulations. Renter hereby indemnifies Owner, its employees, officers, directors, or other agents for any damages, penalties, fines, suits, actions, or other costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with Renter’s violation of any local, state or federal law, rule, regulation or ordinance related to Renter’s use of the Space.
- Assignment. Neither Party may assign or transfer their respective rights or obligations under this Agreement without prior written consent from the other Party
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with, and governed in all respects by, the laws of the State of Indiana, without regard to conflicts of law principles.
- Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in several counterparts, each of which shall constitute an original and all of which, when taken together, shall constitute one agreement.
- Severability. If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
- Notice. Any notice required or otherwise given pursuant to this Agreement shall be in writing and mailed certified return receipt requested, postage prepaid, or delivered by overnight delivery service.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Renter and Owner, and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have caused this Agreement to be executed this __________ day of ___________________________, 20______.
Event Date: Duration:
|Print Name||Print Name|